Choose your language: italiano english
  Home » Como Lake » Tourist resort

laKE
HOW TO REACH
TOURIST RESORT
public NOTICES
nEWS AND EVENTS
TIMETABLE
FARES
FLEET
CHARTERS
cruises and trips
PHOTOGALLERY
download area
faq
LINK
CONTACT

Abbadia Lariana
Argegno
Bellagio
Bellano
Bellagio S.Giovanni
Blevio
Brienno
Cadenabbia
Campo
Carate Urio
Careno
Cernobbio
Colico
Como
Cremia
Dervio
Domaso
Dongo
Faggeto Lario
Gravedona
Isola Comacina
Lecco
Lenno
Lezzeno
Lierna
Limonta
Mandello
Menaggio
Moltrasio
Musso
Nesso
Onno
Pianello del Lario
Piona
Pognana
Sala Comacina
Tavernola
Torno
Tremezzo
Valmadrera
Varenna
Vassena
Villa Carlotta

NESSO

Port
Via Coatesa
45° 54' 40.95” N - 9° 09'15.43” E

A center formed by an agglomerate of dwellings, it is well-known for its "orrido"; the rocky gorge into which the waters from the Nosé river, descending from the Tivano plane, flow into a waterfall. This vision is made all the more evocative by a Roman bridge which crosses the ravine. In Nesso, characteristic houses line the stepped paths which descend to the lake and re-ascend to the ruins of the castle destroyed by Francesco II Sforza in 1531.
Towards Argegno, the boat passes over the deepest part of the lake which descend to 414 meters. Here during the Fifties, professor Auguste Piccard tested his bathyscaphs.

POINT OF INTEREST
The Orrido waterfall: may be seen from Piazza Castello.
Roman bridge: named also “ della Civera” has two arcades.

abbadia
© A.SAMPIETRO

 

2011 - Gestione Governativa Navigazione Laghi - All rights reserved - P.IVA 00802050153
valid only in Italy