Choose your language: italiano english
  Home » Como Lake » Tourist resort

laKE
HOW TO REACH
TOURIST RESORT
public NOTICES
nEWS AND EVENTS
TIMETABLE
FARES
FLEET
CHARTERS
cruises and trips
PHOTOGALLERY
download area
faq
LINK
CONTACT

Abbadia Lariana
Argegno
Bellagio
Bellano
Bellagio S.Giovanni
Blevio
Brienno
Cadenabbia
Campo
Carate Urio
Careno
Cernobbio
Colico
Como
Cremia
Dervio
Domaso
Dongo
Faggeto Lario
Gravedona
Isola Comacina
Lecco
Lenno
Lezzeno
Lierna
Limonta
Mandello
Menaggio
Moltrasio
Musso
Nesso
Onno
Pianello del Lario
Piona
Pognana
Sala Comacina
Tavernola
Torno
Tremezzo
Valmadrera
Varenna
Vassena
Villa Carlotta

DERVIO

Port

46° 04' 32.35” N - 9° 17' 53.54” E

With ancient origin, it was a fortified village during the Roman period for its strategic position. Today is considered the sailing-paradise for the presence of constant winds. With its four sail school, Dervio is one of the most equipped centre for the water sports. For the ones looking for Mediaeval atmosphere, the village of Corenno Plinio, perched on a rocky spur sheer above the lake, still conserves the traces of it with the castle-enclosure of “Conti Andreani”, the streets and the stairs excavated in the rocks and the church dedicated to San Tommaso from Canterbury. Continuing on down the lake  one pass the neoclassical dockyard built by the architect Luigi Cagnola.

POINT OF INTEREST:
Church of S. Quirico e Giulitta: already mentioned in ancient documents of the year 814, it has a stone bell tower in Romanesque style dated from 1080.
Castle-enclosure of “conti Andreani” (hamlet of Corenno Plinio): situated on the top of the promontory, it consents the control of the ancient “Sentiero del Viandante” .
Church of San Tommaso da Canterbury (hamlet of Corenno Plinio): initially it was a private chapel, then it was ordinate parochial in 1566 by the Archbishop Carlo Borromeo.

abbadia
© A.SAMPIETRO

 

2011 - Gestione Governativa Navigazione Laghi - All rights reserved - P.IVA 00802050153
valid only in Italy